ESTSS YOUNG MINDS SUMMER SCHOOL
The UK Psychological Trauma Society in collaboration with Queen’s University Belfast’s School of Psychology are delighted to invite applicants for the ESTSS Young Minds Summer School, to be hosted in Northern Ireland.
The summer school will bring together young professionals working in the psycho-traumatology field for a week of career development and tuition. Participants will meet new colleagues from across Europe and will have ample opportunity to liaise with established and highly renowned academics working in the field.
Together participants will discuss how to get published, how to apply for research funding and how to build a collaborative research network. All participants will be able to share their own areas of research and will be offered small group-based tuition with experienced academics who can provide advice on a wide array of research matters.
The event will include a ‘knowing me, knowing you’ day, in which participants can meet in a relaxed and fun filled environment, including a trip to the world-famous Giants Causeway, lunch, and an evening meal in a renowned local restaurant.
Leading trauma researchers will deliver an exciting and packed programme
- Fully funded places available via the 13 ESTSS member societies as listed here – https://estss.org/about/member-societies/
Places will be awarded based on the quality of the applicant’s proposals (see below).
These will include registration, travel and accommodation.
Proposals should be structured as follows:
- Details of the candidates Name, Programme and Year of Study, Principle Supervisor details, & Host Institution.
- How the candidate’s participation in the summer school will benefit them personally
- How the candidate’s participation in the summer school will benefit them professionally
- Details of the main topic and focus of the candidate’s research programme (theoretical & methodological)
- A summary of candidates longer term career plans.
Proposals should not exceed 2 pages of Ariel font, size 12.
For a fully funded place via your member society submit directly to the society.
Details here – https://estss.org/about/member-societies/
To join via the fee-paying route* please submit your proposal as above to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 20th December 2019.
All individuals will be informed of the outcome by February.
Registration fee of £300 will include lunches, tuition and social events
Travel & accommodation costs will be the responsibility of the self-funded candidate.
For enquiries please email us at: email@example.com